Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hello World!!

Hello World!
This is my first post on my Australian Genealogy Journeys blog! I am fairly new to blogging so please bear with me as I learn how it works!

Let me introduce myself, I am a 25-year-old hobby genealogist and family historian from Australia. I have been researching my family history for about seven years now and I enjoy it tremendously!
I am predominantly of Irish heritage, with some English and a little Welsh. Somewhere back there I know I have Scottish as well!! And there is a family story of some Spanish ancestry too...oh if only I could solve that mystery!

On this blog, I hope to share all my ideas, tips, news, links, reviews, discoveries, successes and failures, brick walls and other bits and pieces related to my family history research!

I have a particular interest in the use of computers and technology in family history research and enjoy using the Internet, databases and various software to track down my ancestors. However, I also like to research using primary documents in archives and family collections. There is nothing like reading the original document and knowing that your ancestor once held that piece of paper and signed their name!

I also have an interest in local and Australian history and have completed a graduate diploma in local, family and applied history at University.  I hope someday I may be able to pursue my interests as part of my day job!

I hope that I can use this blog not only to further my own research, but to help others in their research also!!

God bless :-)

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful and sometimes wacky world of genealogy blogging! Let us know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Geneabloggers family. Hope you find the association fruitful; I sure do. I have found it most stimulating, especially some of the Daily Themes.

    May you keep sharing your ancestor stories!

    Dr. Bill ;-)
    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
    Author of "Back to the Homeplace"
    and "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo, I just wanted to say hi to a fellow new blogperson on Geneabloggers this week!!

    I know exactly what you mean about seeing an original document that you know has been held by an ancestor. Nothing can describe it!!

    I hope you enjoy writing up your blog and I shall look forward to popping by occasionally to see your news.

    Kind regards,

    Christine
    (rootsresearcher on So That's Where I Get It From

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to following your journeys. Australian genealogy bloggers are a rare breed.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...