Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I is for Ireland - Family History Through the Alphabet - Week 9

Image from Gould Genealogy & History News
This is my contribution to Week 9 of Gould Genealogy's Family History Through the Alphabet challenge. The letter this time is II don't have any surnames beginning with I in my family tree, so instead of surnames I have decided to focus on a location this week. 


I is for...Ireland
About 60 per cent of my ancestors came to Australia from Ireland. Click the markers in the following map to explore some of the places where my ancestors came from in Ireland.


View Australian Genealogy Journeys: Ancestral Locations in Ireland in a larger map

Creative Commons License Australian Genealogy Journeys by Aillin O'Brien is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia License.Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ausgenjourneys.blogspot.com.au/p/copyright-terms.html.

4 comments:

  1. 60% of your ancestors came from Ireland? Wow!! So you'd be an expert in Irish research, right? When I follow my one Irish line, I'll be sure to ask you for tips. And I luuuurve your map - it's so very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alona. I had fun creating the map and I think I'll make one of my English and Welsh ancestors too at some stage.

      Delete
  2. I really like your map representation of your Irish ancestors' places of origin. You have no shortage of Irish ;-) Funnily enough some of mine must have been a decent stone's throw from yours -in Broadford, East Clare or Davidstown Kildare, but then I guess that's true of many of us in this nation of Irish immigrants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pauleen. It seems like so many of the inhabitants of that part of County Clare came to Australia!

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...