Monday, August 6, 2012

Motivation Monday - Goals for August 2012

My goals for July 2012 were:
  1.  Continue exploring my recent test results from FamilyTreeDNA and write another Genetic Genealogy blog post. Achieved. 
  2.  Begin implementing the Digital Organisational Scheme I developed back in January as part of Michelle Goodrum's 21st Century Organized Family Historian challenges. During July I will aim to start implementing my scheme for naming formats and metadata/tags, beginning with my Genealogy>Hehir folder. Achieved partially. I still have a bit of work to do, but I have started. 
  3.  Continue working on my new Legacy file, working backwards methodically, recording all sources, attaching relevant source documents and attaching photographs. During July, I aim to do this for my Hehir family. Achieved partially. My Legacy file now contains 101 individuals, 35 unique surnames, 30 families and 10 master source entries. 
  4.  Move a few more photographs from my 'To Sort' folder into folders for the relevant year and month. At the time of posting my 'To Sort' photographs folder contains 3,396 Files, 188 Folders, 8.0 GB of data. During July I aim to reduce the number of files in my 'To Sort' photographs folder to at least 2,500. Achieved. My 'To Sort' photo folder now contains 1,373 files, 41 Folders and 3.37 GB of data.  
  5.  Continue reading Photoshop Elements 10 All-in-One For Dummies. At the moment I am up to page 506, I will aim to read up to at least page 622 (finish) by the end of July. Achieved.
  6.  Participate in blogging prompts when able (Family History Through the Alphabet52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy21st Century Organized Family Historian and Beyond the Internet). Achieved. During July I participated in the Family History Through the Alphabet challenge for the letters I, J and K
My goals for August 2012 are:
  1. Continue implementing the Digital Organisational Scheme I developed back in January. During August I will aim to continue working on the file names and metadata within my 'Genealogy>Hehir' and 'Genealogy>Ellis' folders. I will particularly concentrate on organising the files within each 'Correspondence' folder. 
  2. Continue working on my new Legacy file, working backwards methodically, recording all sources, attaching relevant source documents and attaching photographs. During August, I aim to do this for more of my Hehir and Ellis family members. At the the time of posting my Legacy file contains 101 individuals. During August I will aim to increase that number to at least 150. 
  3. Move a few more photographs from my 'To Sort' folder into folders for the relevant year and month. At the time of posting my 'To Sort' photographs folder contains 1,373 Files, 41 Folders, 3.37 GB of data. During August I aim to reduce the number of files in my 'To Sort' photographs folder to 0. 
  4. Continue exploring my recent genetic genealogy test results. Contact a few more of my Dad's matches at FTDNA. 
  5. At the moment I am reading two genealogy related ebooks. During August I will aim to finish at least one of these ebooks. 
  6. Participate in blogging prompts when able (Family History Through the Alphabet, 52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy, 21st Century Organized Family Historian and Beyond the Internet)

Creative Commons License Australian Genealogy Journeys by Aillin O'Brien is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia License.Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ausgenjourneys.blogspot.com.au/p/copyright-terms.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...