Wednesday, January 30, 2013

February Photo Collage - Fullerton Family

Julie from Anglers Rest has launched the February Photo Collage Festival inspired by Pauleen from Family History Across the Seas and Kristin of Finding Eliza. The challenge is to:
  1. Sign Up using the linky at the bottom of Julie's post.
  2. Create a collage of your photos.
  3. Then each day from 1st February take one of those photos in turn and using the photograph as a visual prompt produce a post with the photograph and the narrative to accompany it.
  4. At the end of February you will have used 28 photos and explored the details behind it. You might even have identified some research still to do it!
  5. Visited the other participants and made some new blogging friends!
I have decided to incorporate this challenge with the other challenge I am taking on during February - The Family History Writing Challenge - by creating a collage of 28 photographs from my Fullerton family history project.

Below is a collage of 28 photographs related to my Fullerton family history. Many cousins have contributed these photographs to my collection and I do not wish to display all of them on this blog with identifying information (as some feature relatives born after 1900). However, I will use one photograph each day as a prompt to research and write about that person. Where the relative was born before 1900 I will endeavour to post some information to this blog. So, I may not be able to contribute to the February Photo Collage challenge each day during February but I will attempt to contribute on as many days as possible.

Thanks Julie for this great idea!

 
Creative Commons License © 2013. Australian Genealogy Journeys by Aillin O'Brien is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia License.Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ausgenjourneys.blogspot.com.au/p/copyright-terms.html.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you re the living relatives dilemma - a good deal of how/why I'm approaching my theme. It will be fascinating to see your Fullerton stories revealed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some interesting photographs. I'll be interested in reading their stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to the first three blogs on the FPCF link and am totally inspired. I have the photos, I have many of the stories, I just haven't had time to put the two together, although I did update the family tree very recently.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...