Monday, January 7, 2013

Motivation Monday - Goals for January 2013

My goals for December 2012 were:
  1. Reacquaint myself with the features of the various genealogy software products I have on my computer (Legacy 7.5RootsMagic 4Family Tree Maker 2012Family Historian and Personal Historian 2). Achieved partially. During December I read up to page 35 (of 238 pages) of the PDF copy of Getting the Most From Family Historian 5. I will continue with this goal in January. 
  2. Finish reading at least one genealogy book. Achieved. During December I read The Surnames Handbook by Debbie Kennett. 
  3. Crop, rename and tag photographs (with tags for names, places, events etc.) from my Photos folder. During December I will aim to do this for all photographs from the folders for the years 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003. Not achieved. I worked on tagging photographs from the year 2000 during December, but I also spent time scanning my siblings albums of pre-digital photographs from 1997 to 2001. 
My goals for January 2013 are:
  1. I will continue with scanning several of my siblings pre-digital camera photograph albums, before I begin tagging all my photographs. I am, however, making a resolution to tag all my 2013 photographs as I add them to my computer. I am looking forward to the day I can find the photographs I am looking for with a simple tag search! (Goals for 2013 Organisation Goal)
  2. Read up to at least page 98 of Getting the Most From Family Historian 5. (Goals for 2013 Education Goal)
  3. Check through my Starred items in Gmail, and reply to any overdue emails. (Goals for 2013 Correspondence Goal)
  4. Correct the text of 5-10 articles tagged at Trove and then post at least one Trove Tuesday post to this blog. (Goals for 2013 Writing, Research and 'Giving Back' Goal)
  5. Check for any new matches at FamilyTreeDNA. Write another Genetic Genealogy Journey blog post. (Goals for 2013 Research Goal)
Creative Commons License © 2013. Australian Genealogy Journeys by Aillin O'Brien is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia License.Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ausgenjourneys.blogspot.com.au/p/copyright-terms.html.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats and good luck, Aillin.

    I'm excited to find another geneablogger using Family Historian - or are you just considering using it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I always enjoy reading your goals, Aillin and hope one day to be organised enough to do likewise.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...