Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February Photo Collage - Day 27 - Corduroy Bridge Hotel, Clarendon, c1906

 
This post is for day 27 of the February Photo Collage Festival.The photograph above from my February Photo Collage shows several members of the Brown family in front of the Corduroy Bridge Hotel, Clarendon, c1906.

L-R: George Brown (1849-1929), Margaret Elva (Elva) Brown (1894-1974), Mary (nee Fullerton)(1851-1935), Grace Marcella (1883-1917), Doris Edna (Edna) (1892-1916), Agnes Elizbeth Elsie  (Elsie) (1888-1920), Mary Jemima Euphemia (Effie) (1872-1942), Edward Thomas (Ted) (1897-1937).

I would like to acknowledge and thank Anne from the Buninyong & District Historical Society. Back in 2005 my Mum, my sister, a nephew and I went for a short trip to Clarendon to visit the cemetery and photograph Brown family graves. Before visiting I contacted Anne from the Buninyong & District Historical Society. She was very helpful. It was through information Anne gave me that I was able to make contact with some wonderful cousins, descendants of Mary Brown (nee Fullerton). Their help with my Fullerton research has been invaluable. Thank you very much Anne and my Brown cousins.

Photographer: Unknown (perhaps a member of the Clarendon Austin family? I believe some of them were photographers? Two Austins married two of the Brown girls)
Location of original: I scanned this from a copy in the possession of a cousin, Rosalie. Thanks Rosalie.
Date: c1906.
(Sources available on request)
Creative Commons License © 2013. Australian Genealogy Journeys by Aillin O'Brien is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia License.Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ausgenjourneys.blogspot.com.au/p/copyright-terms.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...