Monday, March 4, 2013

Motivation Monday - Goals for March 2013

My goals for February 2013 were:
  1.  The Family History Writing Challenge (Goals for 2013 Writing Goal). Achieved, but not to the extent I pledged. I did not manage to write the equivalent of 500 words for each of the 28 days in February. However, I think I have made a good start with organising my Fullerton family history book. Soon I will write a post regarding my experiences with The Family History Writing Challenge.
  2.  The February Photo Collage Festival (Goals for 2013 Writing Goal). Achieved. But I did not manage to write as much about each photograph as I would have liked. I still hope to write comments on many of the other participants blogs. Please see my February Photo Collage posts.
  3.  Finish scanning the photo album I have already half scanned (Goals for 2013 Organisation Goal). Not achieved. I did scan about 100 more photographs from the album but I did not manage to finish scanning the complete album.
  4.  Read up to at least page 140 of Getting the Most From Family Historian 5. I am currently up to page 117 (Goals for 2013 Education Goal). Not achieved.
  5.  Check my remaining Starred items in Gmail, and reply to 2-3 overdue emails. (Goals for 2013 Correspondence Goal) Partially achieved. I still have a few more emails and one letter I need to reply to.
  6. Correct the text of 5 articles tagged at Trove and then post at least one Trove Tuesday post to this blog. (Goals for 2013 Writing, Research and 'Giving Back' Goal). Achieved.
My goals for March 2013 are very similar to February:
  1. Continue organising and writing my Fullerton family history (a continuation of last months Family History Writing Challenge) (Goals for 2013 Writing Goal)
  2. Finish scanning the photo album I have already half scanned (Goals for 2013 Organisation Goal)
  3. Read up to at least page 140 of Getting the Most From Family Historian 5. I am currently up to page 117 (Goals for 2013 Education Goal)
  4. Check my remaining Starred items in Gmail, and reply to 2-3 overdue emails. (Goals for 2013 Correspondence Goal)
  5. Correct the text of 5 articles tagged at Trove and then post at least one Trove Tuesday post to this blog. (Goals for 2013 Writing, Research and 'Giving Back' Goal)
Creative Commons License © 2013. Australian Genealogy Journeys by Aillin O'Brien is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia License.Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ausgenjourneys.blogspot.com.au/p/copyright-terms.html.

2 comments:

  1. I should do this every month - goal setting really works doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex, yes I'm definitely finding the Motivation Monday posts are a great incentive to get tasks done :)

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...