Monday, April 1, 2013

Motivation Monday - Goals for April 2013

I didn't do so well with my goals during March and will have to carry a few goals forward into April. I have decided from now on I will prioritize my monthly goals. For example, I will make sure I complete task one before I move on to task two (and so on). 

My goals for March 2013 were:
  1. Continue organising and writing my Fullerton family history (a continuation of last months Family History Writing Challenge) (Goals for 2013 Writing Goal)
  2. Finish scanning the photo album I have already half scanned (Goals for 2013 Organisation Goal)
  3. Read up to at least page 140 of Getting the Most From Family Historian 5. I am currently up to page 117 (Goals for 2013 Education Goal)
  4. Check my remaining Starred items in Gmail, and reply to 2-3 overdue emails. (Goals for 2013 Correspondence Goal)
  5. Correct the text of 5 articles tagged at Trove and then post at least one Trove Tuesday post to this blog. (Goals for 2013 Writing, Research and 'Giving Back' Goal)
My goals for April 2013:
  1. Check my remaining Starred items in Gmail, and reply any overdue emails. (Goals for 2013 Correspondence Goal)
  2. Finish scanning the photo album I have already half scanned (Goals for 2013 Organisation Goal)
  3. Read up to at least page 166 of Getting the Most From Family Historian 5. I am currently up to page 143 of 238 (Goals for 2013 Education Goal)
  4. Correct the text of 5 articles tagged at Trove and then post at least one Trove Tuesday post to this blog. (Goals for 2013 Writing, Research and 'Giving Back' Goal)
  5. Continue organising and writing my Fullerton family history (a continuation of February's Family History Writing Challenge) I will try to extract data from at least another 10 source documents during April (Goals for 2013 Writing Goal)
  6. Check for any new genetic genealogy matches at FamilyTreeDNA and organise these matches in a spreadsheet. Write emails to at least two genetic matches. 
Creative Commons License © 2013. Australian Genealogy Journeys by Aillin O'Brien is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia License.Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ausgenjourneys.blogspot.com.au/p/copyright-terms.html.

3 comments:

  1. You Are So Brave, Aillin, To Share Your Goals Each Month. Best Wishes As You continue To work towards achieving Them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill. It is definitely helping me move forward with things I had been procrastinating over.

      Delete
  2. Yet again I'm impressed by your commitment with these goals Aillin. I'm currently scanning my myriad notebooks of family history research...easier to do combined with some task than others. Every time I start on my photos I'm overwhelmed by how many there are still outstanding...still, small steps work as you prove to us each month.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...